5 horrific sexual assaults on minors in 1 month
In less than one month 5 horrific crimes against minors and the PPP led government is once again showing zero leadership in attempting to address this problem. In Guyana it is common place for sexual predators to pay small sums of money to have these cases just closed without any form of punishment, and the predators just walk free.
1. 12 year old raped by an American resident, offers to pay $250 USD to quiet the victims.
2. 3 year old raped, Ministry of Human Services officials say there is nothing they can do
3. 14 year old Amerindian girl gang raped by men suspected of giving her booze.
4. Father and brother rapes 16 year old daughter/sister http://www.kaieteurnewsonline.com/2011/05/17/rape-accused-father-and-son-released/
5. Father rapes 12 year old daughter
These are just a handful of cases that I have listed but this is one major issue that the PPP have failed to address after taking office 2 decades ago.